On an almost daily basis our company fields calls about strange noises in the attic. Most if not all noises coming from the attic can be attributed to either rodents, bats or squirrels. Here's how to tell the difference before you call a pro.
1. Bats normally make a noise that sounds like what you would think flapping wings sound like
when then are hitting a wall.
2. Mice usually will either make a light scratching noise or a light muffled scamper.
3. Grey squirrels which are usually only active dawn to dusk make both scratching noises and
heavy sounding scampering noises.
4. Flying squirrels which are active at night make a characteristic thump as they land on the roof ' and then a scampering noise.
When you here noises in your attic you most investigate the area and in most cases you will find feces. The feces you find will in all cases identify your noise maker, as the feces from the preceding animals are each unique.
If you are unable to find any fecal matter go outside at check the roof line for chew marks, chewed oval holes near gutters, damaged gable vents, damaged roofing and of course the animal (more than a few times we have caught grey squirrels red handed as they leave the seen)
WARNING if you suspect that a racoon may be your visitor call a professional ASAP. These animals are incredibly strong and will retaliate if cornered (especially if young are present).
Also, remember there is a bio hazard when dealing with fecal matter do not handle it under any circumstances.
Good luck, if you need help we can be reached at 1-888-879-6481
About Envirocare Pest Control
- David Bisaillon
- Wolcott, CT, United States
- Envirocare Pest Control, LLC is managed by David Bisaillon. We are a full service pest management company that has excelled at providing exceptional service to you, our customer 24/7. We can be reached at 1-888-879-6481 or Dbisai7798@aol.com